This week’s TMI Tuesday is all about navigating sex. I have a common theme in this: communication.
1. How do you gauge the success of your romantic relationships?
Connection. Communication. Respect. Honesty. Embracing each other’s weirdness. Mutual support and cheerleading. Tea-making ability.
2. How often do you prefer to talk about sex with your lover?
Whenever it feels right. There’s no preference but we’re pretty much in tune in this regard.
3. During sex, what is your top priority?
Pleasure and connection. Orgasms are great but not an endpoint or even essential.
4. What advice would you like to give your partner to be a better lover? Are you afraid to give that advice?
I’m a lot more open about what I want these days. I’ve learnt it’s the best way to have better sex. And I expect/would like the same in return.
5. While in the moment of having sex, what is the best way you like to receive feedback from a lover that they are enjoying or are not enjoying sex?
a. moans and groans
b. tell me in dirty talk
c. give me direction or be explicit
d. just fuck, tell me later if it was good for you
All of a, b and c. D sounds like it’s fucking for the sake of it. Whilst that has its place, I’d rather have a mutual enjoyable experience.
Liked this TMI Tuesday post? Please take a moment to support me on Patreon!